- on the Site;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Site;
- when you make purchases through the Site; and
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Commit to Green or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
The Site is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Site. Commit to Green does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on the Site or through any of its features, register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe Commit to Green might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Information Commit to Green Collects About You and How We Collect It.
Commit to Green collects several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information
- by which you may be personally identified, including without limitation your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; or
- that is about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and usage details.
Commit to Green collects this information
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the site, including without limitation usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and
- from third parties, including, for example, our business partners.
The information Commit to Green collects on or through the Site may include without limitation the following:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Site and of the fulfillment of your orders, including without limitation financial information that you may be required to provide before placing an order through the Site.
- Your search queries on the Site.
You may also provide information to be posted on public areas of the Site or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (“User Contributions”). If so, your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Regardless of any security measures that we may implement, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, Commit to Green cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.5. Information Commit to Green Collects Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with the Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including without limitation the following:
- Details of your visits to the Site, including without limitation traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Site according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to the Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include the following:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Commit to Green, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Site statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Site content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.7. How Commit to Green Uses Your Information.
Commit to Green uses information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including without limitation any personal information
- to present the Site and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to the Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form) or adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.8. Disclosure of Your Information.
Commit to Green may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Commit to Green’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Commit to Green about the Site users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- with your consent.
Commit to Green may also disclose your personal information for the following reasons:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Commit to Green, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Commit to Green strives to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form). You may always opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email with your request to email@example.com
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by Commit to Green to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form) or at any other time by logging into the Site and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Commit to Green as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to email@example.com. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.10. Accessing and Correcting Your Information.
You may review and change your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
- Contact Information.